Friday, January 29, 2016

The Good Thing about Suiseki or Art Stone Hobby

Finding an art stone in the midst of multitude of stones that are scattered in the river bank or at the seashore just for the sake of exceptional art piece might be laborious. But the most important reason for me in doing this activity is to catch the sunlight in the morning or in the afternoon while searching and rummaging the stones. For the sunlight that produces vitamin D on human skin will prevent heart failure though not heart attack nor stroke according to experts. In case I have found nothing, at least I have gained the effect of sunrays for my good health.

Kissing seals
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 4x4x4

When I found one I felt amazed. In fact I shouted with joy. I was astonished how do waters, the waves, the rush and gush of waters were able to carve these stones in a natural way. I would say,fantastic! Was there a "Great Awareness" that dictated the waters to carve these stones and form these into pieces of art or it is just plain accident? In the example of "Kissing seals"(as posted above), it is hard for me to believe that is just pure accident. What would you think?

Suiseki hobby is fun. Aside from sunlight, exercise, and joy, these items have value. You can sell them directly to suiseki collectors or online. Or you can keep it for your art gallery.

Tree in a Hole
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 3x2.5x2.5

Look how a tree-like stone was being formed inside that small hole.

Elephants plays its baby
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 7x5x4

At first glance, I did not notice the form of elephant playing with its baby, only after a few days.

Sea Lion
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 2.5x1.5x3.5

Sea Lion or a Dog?

Cow
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 6x2.5x3.5



Toco toucan , Bear
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 2x1x2

The left looks like the beak of a Toco toucan and on the right looks like a bear or elephant.

Twin Lakes
Dimension L x W x H (inches) 6x4x2

When I saw it, it was filled with water.

However, if you are interested to buy any of them, you can make a comment below or you may contact me at esteban8hours@facebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment